Borrowing Library Materials
Apply for a Library Card
The Peñitas Public Library Cards are free to all Hidalgo County residents. Please bring the following to the library to get your free card:
- Valid identification
- Proof of current mailing address and telephone number
You must be age 18 or older to get a library card. For patrons under 18, a parent or guardian must be present to show identity and sign for the child.
Guidelines for Borrowing Materials
- There is a limit of four items per adult library card (one renewal).
- Books and audio books can be checked out for 14 days.
- Music CDs and DVD can be checked out for three days.
- For non-fiction and fiction children's collection, there is a limit of two books per subject.
Fees & Renewing Materials
Overdue materials are charged $0.05 per day. Overdue videos and DVDs are charged $0.15 per day. The library will send three overdue notices, and the request will then go to a collection agency.
Please report stolen or lost cards! You are responsible for items checked out on your card. There is a charge of $2 for replacement.
View our Online Catalog.