Job Title: Volunteer Firefighter
Salary range: Volunteer - Unpaid
Department: Fire Department
Closing Date: Open - The City of Peñitas accepts applications Volunteer Firefighters on a continuous basis.
Job Summary / Details:
Protects citizens during emergencies by extinguishing fires; executing rescues; mitigating chemical spills.The job has no supervisory responsibilities. Individual will be performing other duties assigned by supervisor/department head when needed.
- Prevents fire damage by conducting surveys and inspections for hazards; enforcing codes.
- Prepares citizens to prevent fire damage by developing and conducting educational and training programs.
- Ensures availability of water at fire scene by testing hydrants; requesting and expediting repairs; verifying repair.
- Minimizes fire damage by responding to alarms; driving and operating equipment; regulating water pressure; combating and extinguishing fires; rescuing and reviving people.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; notifying supervisor of needed repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Provides information by completing reports.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; studying publications; participating in scheduled drills.
- Maintains fire station building, grounds, and related equipment by completing maintenance schedules.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skill and Ability Requirements
Lifting, Physical Fitness, Decision Making, Handles Pressure, Deals with Uncertainty, Judgment, Objectivity, Dependability, Emotional Control, Integrity, Safety Management
**Resumes and Applications will be accepted online at www.cityofpenitas.com or in person at 1111 S. Main St, Penitas, TX 78576. Call (956)454-7213 for further information.Apply Online Download Application Download Job Description