Job Title: Custodian
Hours: Full Time
Keeps an assigned building and surrounding premises clean and orderly using janitorial equipment and supplies.
- Sweep, mop, and wax floors; clean and vacuum carpets.
- Dust and polish furniture, woodwork, shelves, etc.; empty and clean waste receptacles; wash windows and walls.
- Clean and sanitize restrooms and replenish supplies.
- Maintain equipment and materials used in cleaning work, including hand tools and automated equipment.
- Clean and maintain nearby paved and planted areas.
- Remove debris and litter from public areas.
- Set up rooms for special events and meetings.
- Interact with visitors and patrons.
- Perform related duties as directed.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- The methods and equipment used in janitorial work
- Use machines and equipment including a buffer, shampoo machine, vacuum, floor stripper, mop, broom, and related cleaning implements.
- Communicate effectively with others.
- Follow oral and written instructions.
- Frequently lift up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift to 75 pounds.
- Frequently carry up to 25 pounds and occasionally carry up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently walk and stand during the shift.
- Occasionally bend and kneel.
- Continuously flex upper trunk forward at the waist and partially flex at the knees.
- Occasionally rotate upper body to the right or left while sitting or standing.
- Frequently reach above, at, or below shoulder height.
- Frequently push and pull objects.