Assistant Librarian (Part Time)
Job Title: Assistant Librarian (Part Time)
The Part-time Assistant works with the Director in conducting the service objectives of the Peñitas Public Library. The Part-time Assistant helps to implement a program for community involvement while carrying out the mechanics of the library operations.
This is a non-exempt part-time position working 20 hours per week
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED (NOT ALL-INCLUSIVE)
1. Check library materials in and out;
2. Empty book drop;
3. Shelve books and straighten shelves;
4. Help customers find books and answer questions;
5. Keep circulation records;
6. Register new library patrons;
7. Collect and record fines;
8. Answer phone;
9. Repair library materials;
10. Order ILL requests;
11. Assist in processing new books;
12. Inventory books when necessary;
13. Open and close library as needed;
14. Promote library activities (i.e. Reading contests, story hours, adult study groups, etc.);
15. Clean/disinfect as needed throughout the library;
16. Assist in withdrawal of books;
17. Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Additional training classes may be required.